We Take Data Security Seriously.
Most customer data platforms in the market care about data security. Ultimately though, data security is more than certifications or adherence to federal laws.
The real questions you should be asking are: What is the ethos of security within the company? Is security an obsession among its team members? Are protections built into the core technology or just a wall around it? Is security part of the company's core business, or merely a box to check?
From day one, Umbel has been committed to building a company that cares about privacy, data security and data rights. We take security very seriously and our team works hard to protect your data from unauthorized access and use.
Here's a basic overview of our security policies and safeguards that should answer the most frequently asked questions. For more in-depth information, please contact an Umbel sales rep who will be happy to walk you through it.
- Umbel complies with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations regarding data privacy and security.
- Umbel will not sell, rent, display, distribute, or otherwise make available any personally identifiable information to any other party without prior written consent from you.
- Umbel maintains rigorous security procedures such as employee training, multi-factor authentication, and password rules.
- Umbel classifies information as either public information or sensitive information. Within the sensitive information category there is confidential and high-risk information. Each of these categories has rules and procedures associated with it including but not limited to encryption methods, remote access rules, and database storage rules.
- Umbel also maintains strict rules around physical security including physical access to Umbel offices.
- Umbel’s products and services live in one or more clouds and Umbel maintains strict rules and procedures around cloud security including using Amazon’s Identity and Access Management tool and personal key pairs in Github.
- Umbel maintains a business continuity plan that includes distribution of data and computing across AWS regions allowing for failover contingencies. Umbel audits its security procedures annually.
- Umbel incorporates terms related to data privacy, security and protection into its Master Services Agreement.
- Umbel maintains in full force and effect, at its expense, insurance coverage, which protects Umbel and its clients from claims arising out of or in connection with providing services and/or content to clients from or out of any negligent act or omission of Umbel's, its officers, directors, agents, contractors or employees.
- Umbel will keep personally identifiable information only for as long as is essential for the purposes of your agreement with Umbel, and as required or limited by laws in the applicable territory. Upon your request, Umbel will delete any and all personally identifiable information related to your agreement with Umbel.
Learn more about data security at Umbel