Clients interact with Umbel through two key interfaces, the web platform and API integrations. Uptime for these two applications is continually monitored from around the globe by a reputable third party tool to provide detailed, comprehensive and transparent real-time metrics.
- Umbel Uptime Live Stats - App | API | All
- Last 12 Month’s Uptime: 100.00%
- Umbel’s Guaranteed Uptime SLA: 99.5%
- Uptime Defined
- Uptime is the duration of the time that Umbel services are available. Uptime is calculated in minutes and is represented in percentage for a given month.
“Priority 1 Issue” means any critical issue of the Licensed Software that severely impacts greater than 25% of clients in their use of or access to the Services or Licensed Software and/or any material functionality thereof. This issue materially adversely impacts any of Client's material business operations (e.g., the fulfillment of any advertising campaign) and no agreed-upon procedural workaround exists.
“Priority 2 Issue” means that major functionality is impacted, or significant performance degradation is experienced, with respect to the Licensed Software affecting. The issue is causing a high negative impact to greater than 25% of Clients and no reasonable agreed-upon workaround exists.
“Priority 3 Issue” means a partial, non-critical loss of use of the Licensed Software with a medium-to-low impact on one or more of Client's business operations.
“Priority 4 Issue” means any other Issues regarding the Services or Licensed Software other than a Priority 1 Issue, a Priority 2 Issue, or Priority 3 Issue.
Uptime is calculated and updated at the end of the incident resolution therefore there may be a delay. Third party components impacting your accessibility of Umbel application will not be considered in the uptime calculation.
How We Do It - Zero Downtime Architecture and No Maintenance Windows
How do you protect my data?
These key controls are implemented to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of your data.
- Firewalls are used to block unauthorized protocols
- Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) are implemented to monitor and report on abnormal network traffic
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) is used to monitor and report on application threats
- 24/7/365 log monitoring and alerting application provides continuous visibility and early incident detection
- Data is encrypted in motion
- Data is encrypted at rest
- Data is encrypted when stored as backups.
- Internal and Third Party Assessments and Testing
- Regular Penetration Testing of the network and application
- Third Party focused web application vulnerability assessment against OWASP Top 10 Software Programming Threats
- Authentication and Authorization
- Strong password management practices implemented that meet industry requirements
- Granular management of permissions and access rights implement principle of business need-to-know and least privilege
- Application uptime of minimum 99.5% is guaranteed.
- Use of Agile software development methodology provides for continuous delivery resulting in no maintenance window.
- Disaster Recovery
- Umbel hosts data at AWS with guaranteed 99.9% uptime.
- Umbel is hosted in AWS cloud across 4 availability zones (data centers) providing for fault-tolerance and failover.
- Backup data is stored on AWS S3 storage which provides for 99.999999999% durability.
How do I communicate with you about a security event?
Umbel implements safeguards for protection of the system and data, however, in a event you notice or become aware of a security incident, please reach out to email@example.com. We will review your request and respond to you immediately.
What industry certifications do you have to prove your security?
Umbel has undergone the pre-assessment for obtaining the AICPA issued SSAE 16 SOC 2 Type 2 security examination report. Umbel plans to accomplish a successful examination and issuance of an audit report in 2017 and receive the seal below. Umbel is assessing the security principle of the Trust Principles of SOC 2 Type 2 examination to ensure control activities in the protection of client data are effectively implemented and operating optimally.
Do you collect any personally identifiable information (PII)?
Umbel collects the personal data that you provide (First Party data). Additionally, Umbel provides the option for you to append third party data (Data Appends) making for richer insights, analysis and segmentation.
How is the privacy of my data managed?
Umbel achieved the TRUSTe privacy certification in June 2016 to prove compliance with privacy practices of TRUSTe enterprise privacy standards and those of industry best practices. This annual certification process assures our clients of our commitment to keeping data private and safe. The TRUSTe certified privacy seal published here is awarded to Umbel after a successful review and assessment of Umbel’s data privacy management practices.
Are you compliant with EU and global privacy requirements?
Umbel achieved the successful certification of EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as designed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and European Commission to provide companies on both sides of the Atlantic with a mechanism to comply with EU data protection requirements when transferring personal data from EU to US. Umbel is also certified for Swiss-U.S. Safe Harbor Framework complying with Switzerland’s data privacy laws for cross border transfer of data. Umbel is confident in its privacy practices to attest compliance with other countries such as Canada, Mexico, Argentina and Japan’s privacy laws.